The Benefits of an Alkaline-Friendly Diet: Top Five Tips
An alkaline-friendly diet can benefit bone health, reduce muscle wasting and mitigate other problems such as hypertension and strokes; it can even improve cardiovascular health and memory and cognition.
Here are five top tips to increase your alkalinity:
1) Drink hot water and lemon (squeeze half a lemon into hot water and top it up with cold water to make it drinkable)
2) Avoid acidic foods and increase your intake of fresh, leafy greens and vegetables – ideally eaten raw or lightly cooked
3) Add alkaline drops to water (you can buy these from health stores or online)
4) Exercising increases sweat, which in turn helps the skin to eliminate acids from the body; it also increases lung capacity, which helps the lungs to drain weak acids from the body. Ideally, try and exercise every day so your body can eliminate acids as they are being produced
5) Eat alkaline-healthy snacks so that you don’t inadvertently choose unhealthy options! Try soaked almonds, toasted pumpkin seeds, avocados, dry-roasted beans and sprouted legumes
Inspired? Contact us on 01925 411005 – quoting ‘FEEL GOOD’ – to claim a FREE patient consultation usually worth £48 (available until 31 January 2018)?
Do you know someone else who would benefit from this fantastic offer? If so, please share this blog with them too!