Nowadays, a lot of people spend most – if not all – of their working day behind a desk.
As sitting all day has been pronounced the ‘new smoking’, with regard to the detrimental effects it has on the body, it needn’t be a health hazard if you follow these top tips:
- Make sure that the height of your eyes is roughly as high as the top of the screen
- Your keyboard and mouse should be within reach of your forearm
- Put the telephone at your non-dominant side, so your dominant side isn’t doing all the work (even better yet, wear headphones!)
- Have your armrests so that your arms can rest comfortably, but are not pulling your shoulders up
- Your seat should be angled so that your knees are at about 90 degrees or slightly above
- Your feet should be comfortably placed and flat on the floor
- Do not sit for longer than 30 minutes at a time; stand up, reach to the ceiling whilst breathing in and, when breathing out, stretch your arms down and backwards (repeat three times)
- To ensure you move between sitting intervals, go for a short walk – even if it’s to get a glass of water
Now you’re sitting comfortably, let us begin… Contact us on 01925 411005 – quoting ‘FEEL GOOD’ – to claim a FREE patient consultation usually worth £48 (available until 31 January 2018).
Do you know someone else who would benefit from this fantastic offer? If so, please share this blog with them too!